Potassium is essential for fluid and electrolyte balance. Potassium deficiency results in fatigue, irritability, and hypertension (increased blood pressure).
4. Baked potato (with skin) - sweet potatoes are a great source and better for people with diabetes since regular potatoes are high in simple carbohydrates.
5. Baked squash - other squashes include butternut, zucchini, and winter squash
6. Yogurt (plain) - provides a good source of potassium with probiotic properties
7. Salmon - other fish include halibut, yellowfin tuna, and mackerel
8. Avocados - provides good fats in addition to potassium
9. Mushrooms - such as portabella, crimini, shiitake
10. Bananas - an easy and great source of potassium
CONTACT US AT #(808) 948-8722
Moiliili Professional Bld.
2525 South King St.,
Honolulu, HI 96826
(3rd floor of
"Down to Earth"
Natural Food Store)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
8 am - 12 pm; 1 pm - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday:
8 am - 12 pm