Kale Ginger Juice
Juices are great for breakfast - liquids in the morning are easier on the digestive system. They help to cleanse the body and start your day off with a spring in your step.
- 4-5 cups chopped kale
- 2 apples, cored & quartered
- 1 cucumber, ends chopped off
- 1"-2" pieces of ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Special materials: Juice extractor
1. Press all ingredients through a juice extractor. It helps to juice leafy ingredients in between solid ingredients to help extract as much juice as possible. Stir and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Yields: 1 Serving
Wheat Berry Pesto Salad
- 1 1/2 cups wheat berries cooked & set aside
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 Field Roast Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup currant tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup pesto
- salt & peper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute for a few minutes or until translucent.
2. Add Italian sausage and garlic. Cook until sausage slightly browned.
3. Remove mixture from heat and set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine cooked wheat berries, olives, lemon juice, tomatoes, spinach, pesto, salt & pepper.
5. Add saute mixture and mix well. Best at room temperature.
Serve & Enjoy!
Yields: 6-8 servings
Vibrant Kale Salad
Gorgeous green kale combines with a colorful mix of veggies for a beautiful and yummy salad.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup currant tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 5 sweet peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 (15-ounce) can artichode hearts - drained
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Remove stems from kale and place in a large bowl. Tear into small bite size pieces and massage with your hands until bright green and wilted.
2. Place remaining vegetables and pine nuts in bowl.
3. Whisk Tahini dressing ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
4. Pour dressing over salad, and toss well to combine.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Almond Butter Power Bites
These quick clean and energizing bites will help you power through your day!
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 2 cups mixed nuts and seeds
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- Suggested coatings (optional): cocoa powder, cacao powder, sesame seeds, or coconut flakes
1. In a food processor, pulse dried fruit and mixed nuts until finely chopped.
2. Add a couple of pinches of cinnamon and sea salt. Add almond butter and pulse until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Knead mixture together and form 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in desired coating. Enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Yields: 20-25 balls
Give us a call at:
Moiliili Professional Building
2525 South King St., Suite 303
Honolulu, HI 96826
(3rd floor of "Down to Earth" Natural Food Store)
Mon, Wed, Fri:
8am - 12pm, 2pm - 6pm
Tues, Thur, Sat:
8am - 12pm
Check us out on Facebook at Taira Chiropractic!
Also, find us on Yelp at Taira Chiropractic and please leave us a review on our office and your chiropractic care! Let's help others discover chiropractic!