Detox Green Juice
Green juices are a deliciously easy way to boost your body with everyday detox.
- 2 Greanny Smith apples
- 1 bunch dandelion greens
- 2-4 leaves of kale
- 2 lemons, peel removed
- 1-inch piece of ginger
1. Wash and prepare all fruits and vegetables, cutting if needed. Juice in a juicer, alternating produce.
2. Enjoy immediately!
Yield: 2 servings
Zucchini Alfredo with raw herb cream sauce
Enjoy this light and creamy version of traditional pasta.
Raw herb cream sauce
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 garlic clove
- juice of 1 large lemon
- salt and peper to taste
- water, as needed
- 4 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- fresh herbs for garnish
1. Place all cream sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add water for a thinner consistency. Set aside.
2. Make zucchini and carrots into noodles using a spiralizer or other method. Add to a large bowl. Pour cream sauce over noodles and toss to coat. Add in tomatoes and olives, and farnish with fresh herbs. Serve immediately for best results.
Yield: 4 servings
Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie
The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter is amplified with nutritional boosts from raw protein powder and chia seeds.
- 2 cups chopped frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons raw vegan protein powder
- Plant-based milk, as needed
- Cacao nibs for garnish
1. Place all ingredients in blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 small servings
Almond meal (almond flour) is a great base for gluten-free cookies!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk (if needed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together almond meal, flaxseeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, almond mild, and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.
4. Roll 2 Tablespoons dough into a ball in your hand and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hands or a fork.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let rest on cookie sheet five minutes, then move to cooling racks. Enjoy immediately or keep for up to five days in an airthight container.
Yield: two dozen cookies
Give us a call at:
Moiliili Professional Building
2525 South King St., Suite 303
Honolulu, HI 96826
(3rd floor of "Down to Earth" Natural Food Store)
Mon, Wed, Fri:
8am - 12pm, 2pm - 6pm
Tues, Thur, Sat:
8am - 12pm
Check us out on Facebook at Taira Chiropractic!
Also, find us on Yelp at Taira Chiropractic and please leave us a review on our office and your chiropractic care! Let's help others discover chiropractic!