Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
A tasty spin on traditional pesto that is sure to please.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 1/4 cups sliced olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 1/2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Prepare Sun-dried tomato pesto. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well incorporated and smooth.
3. Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse. Add pesto and combine until pasta is evenly coated. Gently mix in olives and pine nuts. Enjoy!
Yields: 6-8 servings
Savory Herb Crostini
A flavorful herb spread to use as a topping for bread. These are a great appetizer.
- 2 baguettes, sliced into 1/4" rounds (about 30 slices)
Savory herb dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1. Turn oven on to broil. Place baguette rounds on a cookie sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned and crispy. Remove from oven.
Raw Apple Pie
Crust & Topping
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 apples, sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dates, cover in water, soak for 20 minutes
- Water from dates plus more if needed to thin
- 1 Tablespoon pure raw vanilla powder
- 1 Tablespoon Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk
- Pinch of salt
1. Place crust and topping ingredients into a food processor and process until you have a crumbly mixture.
2. Set 1 cup of mixture aside for topping. Place remaining mixture into a pie pan and press evenly covering pan thoroughly.
3. Toss filling ingredients in a large bowl to evenly coat apples.
4. Process carmel sauce in food processor and combine until creamy. Add more water if too thick.
5. Pour carmel sauce over the apples, and thoroughly mix.
6. Fill pie pan with apples evenly.
7. Sprinkle remaining topping over pie.
8. Serve immediately or place in dehydrator at 105 degrees for 3 hours to warn pie up.
Yields: 8 servings
CONTACT US AT #(808) 948-8722
Moiliili Professional Bld.
2525 South King St.,
Honolulu, HI 96826
(3rd floor of
"Down to Earth"
Natural Food Store)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
8 am - 12 pm; 1 pm - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday:
8 am - 12 pm