Enjoy the nutritional benefits of cucmber in a sweet, refreshing drink.
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-3 Tablespoons simple syrup, honey, or agave
- 8 cups sparkling mineral water
- 4 cups ice cubes
1. Cut cucumbers into halves width-wise. Thinly slice 1 cucumber half for garnish and set aside.
2. Peel, seed, and roughly chop remaining cucumber.
3. Blend cucumbers in a blender or food processor until finely pureed.
4. Combine pureed cucumbers, mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup in a large re-sealable jar. Shake mixture vigourously. Set aside.
5. Add ice cubes into a blender and blend until crushed.
6. Divide crushed ice cubes evenly into 4 serving glasses.
7. Pour cucumber mixture evenly over crushed ice, garnish and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
Miso ginger lettuce wraps
These delicious wraps make a great appetizer or a filling entree.
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 3-4 cups raw walnuts
- 2" piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cucumvers, seeded and diced
- 8-10 whole lettuce leaves, washed and deried
1. To prepare Filling: Combine mushrooms and walnuts in a food processor. Pulse until a coarse and crumbly texture is achieved - stopping as needed to scrape the sides.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all Dressing ingredients. Add in Filling andVegetables and toss together until well combined.
3. Spoon mixture into center of Lettuce Cups. Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 8-10 servings
Gluten Free Herbed Bruschetta
This simple gluten free snack or side is packed with flavor. It may also be served as an appetizer for a perfect party pleaser.
- 1 loaf gluten free bread, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 cups diced red tomatoes, deseeded
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place quartered bread pieces onto a baking sheet. Toast bread on one side for 5 minutes until golden brown, flip and reapeat process.
2. In a large bowl combine all Herb Topping ingredients. Spoon topping onto each square evenly. Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 4-6 servings
Tempeh Bolognaise Pasta Sauce
This is a hearty and simple pasta sauce that features protein-rich tempeh. Best served with a twisty noodle to get as much sauce as possible per bite!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package of 'Gimme Lean' Vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) package 'Smokey tempeh bacon', crumbled
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) jar diced tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup water
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add vegetarian ground beef and cook until browned.
2. Add tempeh and continue to brown. Add onions and carrots and cook until just browned, about 5-8 minutes. Add remaining olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, basil, and oregano. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are soft.
3. Lower heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir to comvine, adding water to thin slightly. Taste sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring often.
5. Serve over a bed of twisty noodles. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 generous servings
CONTACT US AT #(808) 948-8722
Moiliili Professional Bld.
2525 South King St.,
Honolulu, HI 96826
(3rd floor of
"Down to Earth"
Natural Food Store)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
8 am - 12 pm; 1 pm - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday:
8 am - 12 pm